The Friendly Town Y-Go By
Boyd Village Hall
P.O. Box 8
Boyd, Wisconsin 54726
Boyd Village Clerk Email: cler
Boyd is located in northwest Wisconsin, right next to the newly-constructed four lane Highway 29. This "Friendly Town" is nestled among farms and woodlots. Boyd is home to Lotz Park with beautiful shade trees, play equipment for children and park pavilions. Volleyball, basketball, and tennis courts are also available.
The businesses of Boyd are surrounded with small-town charm. With strategic location next to the newly developed Hwy. 29, this area is prime for development and opportunity.
St. Joseph Catholic Church, located at 801 E. Patten St. This beautiful Romanesque style church was built in 1928. The priceless windows were created from mouth blown antique stained glass imported from the Emil Frei Studio in Munich. The Emil Frei Studio in St. Louis designed and hand painted the three dimensional glass sculptures. Later during WWII the Munich studio was destroyed. Tours are available upon request.
Lotz Park, is located on the corner of Patten and Oshkosh Streets. The park offers beautiful shade trees with ample space for visitors to take part in one of the many summer activities available or simply to relax and enjoy a cool summer breeze.
Play equipment is provided for children of all ages, as well as volleyball, basketball, tennis courts, and one of the finest soft-ball diamonds in the area. Two pavilions and a gazebo are provided for gatherings of just about any size. Reservations can be made at the Village Clerk's Office or by calling 667-3420.
1921 Stoughton Fire Truck was originally owned by the Hurley Fire Department and later traded in to the Darley Company in Chippewa Falls. In turn it was purchased by the Boyd Fire Department in 1939 to become the first motorized truck in Boyd. It is on display at the Boyd Edson Delmar Fire Department at 100 S. Oshkosh St.
Boyd History Room, located in the Village Hall at 705 E. Murray St. There is a collection of early Boyd history featuring a display of the early business memorabilia and a collection of Boyd Transcript Newspapers from 1923 to 1965. Material is available for genealogical research on people that lived in the area. Independent research can be done during regular village office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30) or by appointment if assistance is needed by a volunteer.
Community page link: www.partner29.com/boyd