The Western Dairyland Business Center and the Women's Business Center invite entrepreneurs and aspiring business owners to "Mechanics of Starting a Small Business" on Thursday, December 8th, from 1p.m. to 3p.m. at Western Dairyland Business Center, 418 Wisconsin Street, Eau Claire. Tuition is $29, including materials. Scholarships are available for income-eligible individuals.
For individuals who know what they want to do and just need to know the practical logistics for being able to launch their business and begin earning revenue, the "Mechanics of Starting a Small Business" class will cover:
1. Choosing a name for your business
2. Choosing a legal structure for your business.
3. Identifying license, permit & regulatory requirements
4. Applying for a Federal Tax ID/EIN
5. Wisconsin Business Tax Registration
6. Setting up a bank account and record keeping system
7. Identifying insurance needs
8. Writing and submitting a press release announcing your business
After the class, attendees may request free, one-on-one assistance from Western Dairyland's Business Development Specialists delving deeper into the individual small business needs, including preparing a business plan with financial forecasting to present to lenders.
Click this link to register: http://www.successfulbusiness.org/events/register.phtml/D86C16C9